Tuesday, April 11, 2017

When God is in the Midst of it

When God is in the Midst of it

Psalms 46

I love the Book of Psalms. I believe this would be one of my favorites.
Words fail me to tell of the strength these eleven verses have been to my heart. I have stood by the bed side of many of Gods saints and read these verses with confidence. I have watched tears give way to joy, by knowing there is a source that's greater than the situation they are in.

Simply by seeing that God is in the midst.

An Unshakable Courage: verses 1-3
I. The Source of Courage: GOD IS

II. The Sign of Courage: we will not fear
 a. Our World is rearranged: 2a
 b. Our World is stormy : 2b
 c. Our World is shaken
In essence The writer is stating though life is no longer like it once was, God has this and I will not fear. He is my refuge, my run to PLACE:
An Incomparable City: verses 4 - 5
When you look at the city of God there is none like her.
Happy Place - 4a make glad
Holy Place - 4b
HIS Place - 5

III. Unmistakable Cause: verses 6-9
He Uttered His Voice: 6-7 he is with us and has something to say, we should listen
He Displays His works: 8 you can see whee he's been and what he has done
He Delivers peace: 9   He can handle the wars that rage. The wars without and the wars within.

IV.  Treasurable Conclusion: 10 - 11 Something that will last and never lose it value. So simple it would change us if we could just get a hold of it.
Be still -
Know
I will be exalted
The Lord is with us
Rev DN

No comments:

Post a Comment