Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Wanting to quit

Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay. Jer.20:9
Have you ever wanted to quit? Jermiah did. God had sent him to preach a message the people would not receive. He was discouraged. He was tired. He said, “I quit.” At one time or another everyone has said, “I quit.” We all get tired. We become discouraged or afraid. We say, “What’s the use?”
Yet, the Word of God was in his heart and burned as a fire shut up in his bones. He could not remain quiet. Like Jeremiah, let us continue to do the things God has called us to: continue teaching Bible School; continue singing in the choir; continue praying for the lost. Don’t give up on your church or your marriage or your calling.
Don’t give up on Jesus
Rev DB
 

No comments:

Post a Comment