Thursday, March 23, 2017

Whom shall we go?? -DB

Lord, to whom shall we go?

Thou hast the words of eternal life. And we believe and are sure that thou art that Christ the Son of the living God.  John 6:68-69

    In this passage, Jesus had just shared a very difficult message for the people to hear.  Many turned away and followed him no more.  When faced with his claim to be the Son of God and the only way of salvation, many people today turn away in favor of a more politically correct message.  In so doing, they abandon their only hope for eternal life.

   But not Peter.  When Jesus ask his disciples if they too would go away, Peter responded in faith. The old hymn says, “Where could I go, oh where could I go, seeking a refuge for my soul? Needing a friend to save me in the end, Oh where ccould I go, but to the Lord?”  There are some things that can only be found in Jesus.   I want to be like Peter – confident in knowing who Jesus is and what He has done in my life.
REVDB

No comments:

Post a Comment