Monday, March 27, 2017

Special and loved - DB

Now there was leaning on Jesus bosom one of his disciples, whom Jesus loved. John 13:23

   Five times in the Gospel of John, John refers to himself as the disciple “whom Jesus loved.”  It reminds me of a friend who was convinced he was the Lord’s favorite.  No matter how many times I told him Jesus loves everyone, he just smiled and said I know, but I’m his favorite.  That is how Jesus makes us feel – special and loved.

   John was the beloved disciple.  My friend was his favorite.  And so are you.  And so am I.  Jesus would have gone to the cross and died for your sins if you had been the only person who needed a Savior.  He would have done the same for me.

To know Jesus as your Lord and Savior is to know His love and how special you are to Him.

REVDB

No comments:

Post a Comment