Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Respect for the Word of God - AG

Respect for the Word of God
Nehemiah 8:5 And Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people; (for he was above all the people;) and when he opened it, all the people stood up:
Ezra opened the book. The people saw him open the book. They knew that they were about to hear the very Word of God. They stood up. They stood up for four hours. They loved and respected the Bible. This was no mere tradition of standing for the reading of the Word in the church service. This was I am standing. I know who is talking. I will be uncomfortable, but I will make myself pay attention. I believe that I am hearing from God.
I read this, and I am blown away at their reverence. They stood up for four hours. They listened attentively. I do not believe I could have done the same thing. I do know I need to be more respectful of the Bible. I know that I need to put it into practice in my life. I know that little rituals are not what I need.
Let’s show some respect. Let’s lift the Word of God.
Rev AG
 

No comments:

Post a Comment