Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Amazing what Bible reading does - AG

Amazing what Bible reading does
Nehemiah 9:3 And they stood up in their place, and read in the book of the law of the Lord their God one fourth part of the day; and another fourth part they confessed, and worshipped the Lord their God.
They read the Bible, the book of the law. This was the law of God. They read it for three hours here in this passage. As they read the Bible, they saw their wrong. They knew what they were doing and had done that did not please God.
They then began to confess their sin. If I never get into the Bible, I can feel pretty good about my arrogance, my sin, my rebellion against God. If I do not know, I will feel no need to grow in grace and holiness. When a person reads the Bible, they look into the heart and mind of God. They find out what God thinks. When we know what God thinks we want to change. We want to be what He wants us to be.
If you will get into the Word of God, it is going to surprise you how it changes you. You will end up confessing your need of God. You will confess your sins, your failures, your rebellions and seek to walk with God.
I want to be more and more like Him. I want to have His mark on me. I want to please Him. As I read the Bible, I see what I am doing wrong. I am sorry for that. I turn from it and seek to please Him more.
Reading the Bible will bring confession. Confession will bring changes to our lives. This will lead to us loving and worshipping God like never before.
Let’s read the Bible.
RevAG
 

No comments:

Post a Comment