Sunday, February 10, 2019

I Got Jesus - DN

teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. 
Matthew 28:20
I GOT JESUS
We that are saved, are pilgrims here below on a journey.
As pilgrims in this world, what a comforting and assuring promise this is, HE IS WITH US ALWAYS. We are not alone, no matter how it seems. 
Three things I find here of great comfort:
1) An Identity: (I am) He's the great I AM. The devil made his statement by saying to the God of Heaven, I will, this was his plan to become!!!
Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
Quiet a difference between I will. And I AM!
The Truth I want you to see is this, he could say I am the resurrection, bread of life, the door, Good Shepherd etc. because he was!
There was nothing for him to prove or do to become. 
My what an Identity and force if you please, to have with us. 
David said he is my Shepherd!
J Hudson Taylor stated in reference to Psalms 23:1
The LORD is my shepherd. 
Not was, not may be, nor will be. "The LORD is my shepherd." He is on Sunday, on Monday, and through every day of the week. He is in January, in December, and every month of the year. He is when I'm at home and in China. He is during peace or war, and in times of abundance or poverty.
2. Information: (you) I AM WITH YOU
Very important information before us here. It is such a blessing knowing that Christ is near, it's a greater blessing knowing he is near me. 
You might say, I can't see him - yet He's there, I can't feel Him but He's there, I can't hear Him - He's there! Because the Bible says so!
3. An Infinite Promise: always (always denotes Continually or constantly during a certain period, or regularly at stated intervals.)
Someone said once, all good things must come to an end!
Not so when it comes to this promise of his presence!
David stated, 
Psalms 139:7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
Psa 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
Psa 139:9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
Psa 139:10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
Rev DN
 

No comments:

Post a Comment