Friday, April 12, 2019

The Essence of the Spirit Filled Life - DN

The Essence of the Spirit Filled Life
And Jesus being fully of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan,and was led by the Spirit into the Wilderness, Luke 4:1 
If there was ever a missing element in the churches and in preachers today, it would be being Full of the Spirit. 
Being Spirit Filled is a Bible Doctrine
Being Spirit Filled is the Key to Service, to communion and to fellowship with the Saviour. 
Spirit Filled is such a neglected element in today's Christianity. 
It is having a great effect on the church,Christians and the world. 
In fact not much is Said today about it.
I remember hearing fiery messages about it as a young preacher that stirred a desire in my heart to be filled with the Spirit. 
The church today has learned how to do it without HIM, and this is a great indictment against modern day end time Christianity. 
Charisma and talent has taken the place of Holy Ghost Unction, and what's sad many fail to discern the difference. The difference can be seen. Holy Ghost unction and service is never at the expense of HOLINESS!
Here in Luke's Gospel we have the record of the temptation of Christ in the Wilderness. We find what I fill is the essence of the Spirit Filled Life;
1)He was Led by the Spirit: Luke 4:1
Spirit filled brings obedience and submission to the Spirit's bidding.
2) He was Tempted of the Devil: Luke 4:2-13
When a person has the fullness of the Spirit of God, he will experience great conflicts with the Tempter. God allows temptation because it does for us what storms do for oak trees, it roots us deeper.
Spurgeon stated, I willingly bear witness to the fact that I owe more to my Lord's fire, hammer, and file than to anything else in His workshop. Sometimes I wonder if I have ever learned anything except at the end of God's rod. When my classroom is darkest, I see best.
3)He was Ministered to from Heaven
Matthew 4:11 stated The devil leaveth him and behold, angels came and ministered unto Him.
4)He Returned in Great Power: Luke 4:14
5) There were Evidence: Luke 4:14b "there went out a fame" People knew and saw it. I had an old preacher tell me one time, a lot of preachers know the mechanics, but fail experiencing the manifestation of it. 
May we today hunger for it, receive it, and labor in it. Much depends upon it.
Rev. DN

No comments:

Post a Comment