Friday, December 14, 2018

When you are at the End REVDN

When you are at the End

Psalms 61:1 From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee when my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
Psalms 61 has to be one of my favorites. It being a psalm of David and it being a Psalm of David revealed three things. 

His psalms revealed:
1. His Heart - it's as if we can look into his heart as he penned these words down
2. His Horrors - Crises he finds himself in.
Some horrors are due to bad choices on his part, others are due to enemies and adversities.
3. His Hope - Of course that being none other than, the good shepherd of his soul. Psalms 23:1 The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. 

Psalms 61 is just one of the many that we find where he's crying out to the one that is greater than his crisis. 

Note if you will some basic truths I find here.
1. David Reaching: 1-2 Hear my cry and attend unto my prayer... From the end.... will I cry when my heart is overwhelmed
Where he's at, this is the only thing he can do. That is just cry out.
Strongs was interesting in regards to this word attend. He said - to prick up the ears, that is, hearken: - attend, (cause to) hear (-ken), give heed, incline, mark (well), regard

2. David's Reason - 3
It was simply due to the fact of what God over and over had done for David in his past. 

3. David's Resolve - 4
I will abide in thy house, and I will trust in the covert of thy wing..
Abiding and trusting.. My what a combination. 

The song Trust and Obey resonates in my heart this morning..
John H Sammis in the 1800's penned this truth down when he said,
When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will, He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Refrain:
Trust and obey, for there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.
Rev DN

No comments:

Post a Comment