Friday, November 30, 2018

Don't Forget Who is in Charge - REVDN

A brief thought.

Don't Forget Who is in Charge
And seekest thou great things for thyself? seek them not: for, behold, I will bring evil upon all flesh, saith the LORD: but thy life will I give unto thee for a prey in all places whither thou goest.
Jeremiah 45:5
I was told by a family member once, all they had done to get to where they were in life. They ended it by declaring, I am a survivor.
Thank God there is survival only through God's Grace and Mercy. 
The question is asked here in Jeremiah, Should you seek great things for yourself? The answer was and is as if the Lords states, don't forget I'm in the midst of your experiences and life.
What consolation this should be, having the knowledge that there is the Unseen Hand of God at work in our lives.

I. A Great Discovery
From time to time I find myself looking back in retrospect. One thing that seems to stand tall above it all, is that life has not been the way that I thought it would.
( Someone said, it's been like a box of Chocolates. You never know what you're getting ...)
I have made some great discoveries, that wasn't even considered as a young man. Jeremiah described them as disasters. I've had a few of those. Actually I've had a lot of those. 
The reasons for this are:
1. Selfishness - seeking great things for myself.
2. Scenery - ( it's just goes with the territory. ) we live in an imperfect world that has been cursed by God and full of imperfect people.
3. Sovereign's Design:
I will bring disaster.. Saith the Lord
You can search all you want, trying to figure out why such events are happening in your life, only to come to this conclusion, only God knows and why.
Isrealites were told the Path God had design for them was to Prove them, Humble them and to know what was in their heart. 
II. A Great Difficulty
The truth being echoed is this, the Lord did not promise us that life would be easy. We were convinced, it would be easy. I'm embarrass at times when I recall some of the conversations I had with myself, where I convinced myself this path I'm choosing would be easy.
There's a reason when two people stand before an altar and pledge to each other in their wedding vows I am and will be yours for better or for worse, sickness and health, richer or poorer.
It's because life is filled with great difficulty. 
III. A Great Danger: disasters
The thought, escaping with your life,seems to imply that ones life will be from time to time in jepoardy.
Paul was under great pressure, far beyond [their] ability to endure, so that [they] despaired even of life" (2 Cor 1:8)
You ever had those times, you felt like if something doesn't happen you're going to die.
David cried from the end of the earth, when his heart was overwhelmed .. Lead me to the Rock...
IV. A Great Declaration: declares the LORD
In spite of the place, people, dangers God said, he would let us escape.
My what a promise. My what proof we have of who is in charge of out Lives.
Job was and is proof
Daniel was and is proof
Three Hebrew Boys was and is proof
On and on I could go, for the list is without end.
His heart, hand and haven is far greater than our problems and places we find ourselves in.
If we are true Christians, we must not expect everything smooth in our journey to heaven. We must count it no strange thing, if we have to endure sicknesses, losses, bereavements, and disappointments, just like other men. Free pardon and full forgiveness, grace along the way, and glory at the end all this our Savior has promised to give. But He has never promised that we shall have no afflictions. (J C Ryle )

REV DN

 

No comments:

Post a Comment