Thursday, November 15, 2018

What Paul wanted the Christians at Corinth to know - RevDN

2 Cor. 1:8
For we would not brethren have you ignorant of our trouble which came to us in Asia, that we were pressed out of measure,above strength, insomuch that we despaired even of life:
2 Cor. 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee:for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
Paul felt there was a need for these believers to know. Often time he resorted to this little phrase, " this know also or as he stated here in this verse before us, I would not have you to be ignorant.
There should be no reason for us to be ignorant and without knowledge.
For we have the
1. Scriptures-
2. Spirit-
3. Sermons- these messages from the like of Paul, God's servant.
Paul wanted the Christians of Corinth to know about his:
I.) Troubles: We all have them. It's a common bond that unites us as humans..The mystery that confuses many, are the troubles that meet up with Christians, Gods people..Christians have troubles.
Jesus said in the world ye shall have tribulation.
2.) His Trial- he even despaired of life. It should not go unnoticed, that even the strongest have challenges in the midst of their troubles. He lost hope, the man, the great apostle, the writer of most of the New Testament, despaired of life.
3.) His Triumph - 2 Cor 12:9
I like those 5 little words, And He said unto me!
O! The blessing of hearing God speak when you are having troubles.
Through his trials and troubles, Paul was aware of these things
A. God had selected him for these troubles
B. God had spoken unto him in his troubles
C. God had settled him in his troubles.
Through God's Grace he was made strong in his troubles.
Rev DN


No comments:

Post a Comment