Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Even though you're Down, Look up - REVDN

A bit of my devotion today.
Even though you're Down, Look up
Psalms 5:3 My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
In these past months, I've tried by the Grace of God to put this plan to use.

In fact in all honesty I can say my days have gone better. I didn't say the days were without their challenges, but with the challenges came strength. 
We all have the same routine, every morning.
1. We Wake up:
2. We Get up:
Why not take the time to 
3. Look up:
One of the greatest bits of advice, a hero of the faith said to me was, keep your sights high..
In a time of great sorrow, Isaiah stated, when the king died, I saw the Lord high and lifted up. He said in essence, I looked up!
David in one of my favorite Psalms said,
I will lift mine eyes unto the hills from whence cometh my help.He's saying I am going to look up!
Jesus stated, If I be lifted up, I will draw all men to me. In essence, if I am put in a place where men can look up, I will draw them unto me. 


Oh! The need of being near to and seeing the sacred, bleeding, resurrected, enthrone lamb!
It is a proven fact that a person will head in the direction they are looking.
What is it that you are looking at today?
Your eyes see it, your mind thinks it, your imagination dwells upon it, your soul desires it — and eventually you do it.
The hymnist said it this way, 
“Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face. And the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace.” (Helen H. Lemmel, 1922)
Look up!!!
Rev DN
 

No comments:

Post a Comment