Monday, January 11, 2021

Stay the Course - DN

 Stay the Course

I awoken today to a barrage of fears and doubts.
I have a 101 reasons why I shouldn't fear yet while contemplating the world's changes, asking God for a word and what should be His Word for today?
Hebrews 10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
( After 21 years of pastoring through the years 13 years of evangelism, 33 years of cerebral palsy, 10 years of heart failure, and a host of other things ) the living by faith was not the gulf I'm trying to get over. The mountain I'm trying to conquer, its the little additive found in the remaining part of the verse, if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
This caused me to rethink my life, in these fears and doubts and asked myself, was I attempting to draw back?
Several things come to mind:
The Dangers of Drawing Back:
It's a foe we all face and especially the older we get. When our leaning and care is on the cautious side. To name a few, the dangers to turn back are there when:
A. When the Storms Raging:
B. When prayers go Unanswered:
C. When Satan's darts are about us:
D. When others turn back:
2. The Displaying of Drawing Back:
A. Probably one of the most vivid displays is the town called Capernaum. It was said he could there do no mighty work because of their unbelief...
B. When Christ came to the disciples upon the waters, Peter cried out, if it's thou let me come unto thee. He had enough faith to get out of the boat (probably more than many of us. ) But when Peter saw the waves and felt the wind and the water rising up his leg, things changed. He took his eyes off of the Lord.
( he beginning to sink , cried out) To which Christ stated O thou of little faith Or WHY DID YOU DRAW BACK ....
Have you ever found yourself pulling back? In fact you started good went so far but stopped. How easy it is to do.
3. The Deliverance from Drawing Back:
It's been said, When I cannot feel the faith of assurance, I live by the fact of God's faithfulness. Matthew Henry
Deuteronomy 7:9 encourages us with this truth, Know therefore that the Lord thy God, he is God, the faithful God.
The faithfulness of God is our shield and deliverer from turning back.
We must keep our eyes on what got us started.
There's a God who is Faithful
A Friend that Sticketh Closer than a Brother
Scriptures that stood the test of Time
Press on, Don't draw BACK!!!!!
Rev DN

No comments:

Post a Comment