Tuesday, January 5, 2021

ITS THE HIGH GROUND - DN

 


ITS THE HIGH GROUND
Been said about valleys,
Either in a Valley
Coming out of a Valley
Headed for a Valley
Truth is, that sure don't leave much time for anything else does it?
I'll admit, it seems like there is sure a bunch of them, yet we are not to take up residency in them.
The valleys are not meant to live in forever.
David alluded to this when he said, yea though I walk THROUGH the valley. He didn't deny them, yet he would not be consumed with them.
It's the higher ground that should be our goal. It's the summits where God dwells.
Paul challenge the Colossians to value the high ground.
Col 3:1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
It's the Higher Ground I want:
1. We are Instructed to pursue the high Ground:
2. God dwells there on the sides of the North :
3. It has an Advantage:
At the Battle of Gettysburg, victory was decided much by the ones who possess the higher ground. Both had the opportunity of obtaining it, but one side wanted it more.
4. Some will never climb, because they are afraid of Heights.
I remember, a mentor and hero of mine, Bro Roy Goodson saying to me, "Son keep your sights high."
May our prayer be today the words of the old song I use to sing in church as a boy, I'm pressing on the upward way, new heights I'm gaining everyday, Still praying as I onward bound, "Lord plant my feet on higher ground."
Rev DN

No comments:

Post a Comment