Sunday, November 19, 2017

Forgive

Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye. Col. 3:13

I, for one, am thankful for forgiveness – the forgiveness given to me by God and the forgiveness I have received from others.  All of us have sinned.  Often our sins against God involve sins against our fellow man.   Forgiveness helps restore our relationship with God and with others.

Since I often need forgiveness, I should be quick to forgive others.  Sometimes this is easier said than done.  The Lord will help us to forgive those who have hurt us.  Take your hurts to Christ and leave them there.   By forgiving others, we not only help restore relationships, but the person who can forgive frees his own heart to love as Christ loves us.

Rev. DB

No comments:

Post a Comment