Sunday, October 29, 2017

To lead you must serve

Matthew 20:27 And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant:

This is probably the hardest part to understand. Jesus did everything backward compared to the world. With Jesus to live you must die, to be whole you must be broken, to go up you must go down, to lead you must serve, to be lifted up you must humble yourself, to have friends you must be a friend, and many others I am sure that you can think of.

We would all like to be number one. Our culture teaches us to be number one. We are to push to the front, to be out in front. Jesus taught the opposite. We are to serve. We are to humble ourselves. That will make us a leader. If we love and serve we lead.

Jesus did just that. He lived out this truth. It is never about how people treat me but how I treat people. It isn’t about what you do for me but what I do for you!

Let’s serve others.

Rev AG

No comments:

Post a Comment