Monday, November 18, 2019

The Forgotten Beatitude - DN

The Forgotten Beatitude
Blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.(Luke 7:23)
I'm a bit hesitant to post some thoughts from my devotions this morning. Maybe it might be a help to someone.
Blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.
Vance Havner referred to this as the forgotten beatitude.
The thought itself, bewilders me. Being offended in the one who gave so much to prove his love and interest for me.
I'm sad to say, I've had some times in which I've had some issues with Him. It might not have been His person but offended in His promises or path.
Have you ever been offended?
Some simple thoughts:
1. Christ is Aware of our Displeasure
2. There's no Containing it when one is Offended. The displeasure will reveal itself. I've walked up on people that were offended in me, and saw that something wasn't right.
3. There are answers for this plight.
a. Confess it, quit denying and acting like it doesn't exist.
b. Command it, show it who's in charge.
4. Cultivate a mindset to prevent this from happening. I'm talking about being offended in Christ.
Rev DN

No comments:

Post a Comment