Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Old rose bush REVDN

When I was younger I use to frown on songs and messages that pulled upon our heart strings.
I heard preachers criticize it and would call it being too sentimental. I would do the same wanting and trying to be like and accepted by them. 

But the older I get, the more that I have going on in my life that only heaven is going to take care of, and the more I realize the criticizers did not know everything, The greater I enjoy, thoughts about my eternal home. So excuse me for being so sentimental this morning. But to you with love ones waiting us in Heaven, I share with you what the Lord gave to me. I pray it's a blessing.
There's an old rose bush that continues to Grow
Planted by Momma many years ago
It didn't mean much when she put it in that hole
Just an old rose bush she wanted to grow
Momma went to heaven, and how I miss her so
She loved her flowers and could make them grow
All I have left of hers is this Old Rose
Lord would you spare it and help it to grow
And One day soon I too will go, to this place called Heaven
With its streets of Gold
With Jesus and friends and love ones I love so
Where roses never fade and Mommas never grow old.
REVDN


No comments:

Post a Comment