Wednesday, August 14, 2019

What a Gift - AG


What a gift

I Samuel 1:28 Therefore also I have lent him to the LORD; as long as he liveth he shall be lent to the LORD. And he worshipped the LORD there.
Samuel’s mom wanted to be a mother more than she wanted to live. She had dreamed of having a baby. Her sister-wife mocked her relentlessly because she had no children. Hannah prays to God and promises to give her baby to the Lord if He will only allow her to have a baby.
When her baby is born and gets old enough to be weaned, she sends him to work in the ministry. She lends him to the Lord. She is willing to worship God by giving God what she most wanted, her baby.
I read this and wonder how often I want God to do things for me, but then I refuse to honor Him. I think of how selfish I am with the God who has power over everything. Hannah honored God by giving her son, Samuel, to the Lord.
Eli can’t believe the sacrifice and commitment. Hannah’s love and obedience causes Eli to worship God even more.

Rev AG

No comments:

Post a Comment