Friday, May 3, 2019

What a great truth for those journeying to Zion - DN

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.
Joel 2:31
What a great truth for those journeying to Zion the City of God.
I) The Scope of this Promise: (whosoever)
Not for a few, elect or even the Baptist. (Although I am a Baptist from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet and in the depth of my heart.) We do not hold a monopoly on the promises of God. Whosoever. ( so who ever )
I have never had a problem with that word whosoever. 
The scriptures are full of it. 
Romans 10:13 Whosoever shall call upon the name of The Lord shall be 
saved!!!!
I have no problem believing in a whosoever gospel!
Joel 2:32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the 
LORD shall be delivered: 
Matthew 10:32 Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I 
confess also before my Father which is in heaven.
John 3:16 echoes it For God so loved the world...that whosoever.....
Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of The Lord shall be 
saved.
II Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count 
slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but 
that all should come to repentance.
Revelations 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that 
heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let 
him take the water of life freely. 
It takes in the rich and poor
The strong and weak
The Young and old
The Jew and Gentile
The whosoever here are those who are in need and need delivering. 
II) The Secret of this Promise: ( call on the name of the Lord )
My what a wonderful name to speak. My what a privilege to speak it.
In the Scriptures, there are conditional promises and unconditional promises. 
Two things seem to stand out to me here,
1. The Caller-
2. The Called-
The actual effort given, the calling if you please, is what puts into motion the means to the end. It's the rippling effect if you please. 
We are invited to call - 
Jeremiah 33:3
We are then responded to for calling 
Jeremiah 33:3 stated I will answer thee
III) The Substance of this Promise: ( shall be delivered ) 
Shall be Saved
Shall be Answered
Shall be Protected
Shall be Helped
Shall be Encouraged
IV) The Strangeness revolving around this Promise. 
If he's promised deliverance to those that called, why is it, they and we run to every other source for deliverance ?
Why is it, He's usually the last resource that's sought?
Hey go ahead make that call. The Lord will answer.
Rev DN

No comments:

Post a Comment